Welcome

I want to say this is not just for people who are korean Adoptees and want someone to relate to, this is for future adoptive parents, and any other adopted persons, whether they be from korea, China, Africa, America... this will sometimes focus on multiracial families but that does not mean that adoptees from single racial families cannot benefit from it. Please take note of that. ^_^

Monday, August 9, 2010

Introduction

This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. When I think about my adoption a mixed feeling comes to me... Should I be overwhelmed with happiness that I am in the USA with amazing parents and family? Or should I be overwhelmed with sadness that I do not know any of my ethnic tongue or culture and am having difficulty fitting in with society. Should I feel guilty for even feeling this way? Please join me as I very blatantly and candidly explore the life of a korean girl adopted by white parents.

Let me introduce myself to you, I am 17 years old, about to be a Junior. This is not my real name, but you may call me Lainey. Pleased to meet you. I will not post any pictures or information that could be directly identifiable to who I am, because that is not what this is about. This is about understanding of the effect adoption has on the psyche and if not dealt with properly can lead to depression among other things as it did with me.


I want to create awareness because being adopted is not easy. There are always those questions that haunt you and your peers don't make it any easier. I'm not saying that we are special and our problems are more important, no, I'm saying that it's different growing up and looking in the mirror and wondering why your reflection is lying to you.

So if you fit into the any of the categories above or are just curious please read the stories that it won't be easy for me to tell and hopefully we'll all be a little more aware.

-Lainey

No comments:

Post a Comment